Panjab University Entrance Test
The University will hold entrance tests for admission to various courses in the Teaching Departments/ Institutes and its affiliated colleges, for the session 2021-2022 as under:
|Sr. No.||Name of Entrance Test||Dates of tests for-2021||Website|
|1||PU – CET (P.G.)||12-06-2021 & 13-06-2021|
(Saturday & Sunday)
|2||PU – LL.B. (3 Years)||20-06-2021 (Sunday)||https://pglaw.puchd.ac.in|
– For Admission to B.Sc. (Hons.) under the framework of Hons. School System (CBCS) and B. Pharmacy
|4||PU-B.A./B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.) (5 years) Integrated Course|
– For Admission to University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) Chandigarh, to University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) Hoshiarpur and to University Institute of Laws (UIL) Ludhiana
10:00 A.M. – 11:30 A.M.
– For Admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology & Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management
02:00 P.M. – 03:30 P.M.
|6||PUMEET (Panjab University Migration Engineering Entrance Test)|
– For Admission to 2nd year of B.E./B.Tech courses of: Dr. SSB University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh, University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh, University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri, Regional Centre, Bajwara,Hoshiarpur.
10:00 A.M. – 11:40 A.M.
|7||PULEET (Panjab University Lateral Entry Entrance Test for Engineering)|
– For Admission to 2nd year of B.E./B.Tech courses of: Dr. SSB University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh, University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh, University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri, Regional Centre, Bajwara,Hoshiarpur, Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology (Degree Wing), Sector 26, Chandigarh (CCET 26).
02:00 P.M. – 03:40 P.M.
|8||MBA (Executive) for USOL||18-07-2021 (Sunday)|
10:00 A.M. – 12:00 Noon
|9||M.Phil. & Ph.D.||22-08-2021 (Saturday)||https://phdadmissions.puchd.ac.in/|
Information about all the entrance tests would be available on University Website www.puchd.ac.in from time to time.
Controller of Examinations
(Advt. No. 01/21/CET)
Brief History and Infrastructure of Panjab University Chandigarh
One of the oldest Universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts and sports. The University supports excellence and innovation in academic programmes, promotes excellence in research, scholarship and teaching. The University is committed to attract and support the best students and faculty, who excel at teaching and research. In independent India, Panjab University with its Campus at Chandigarh and nearly two hundred colleges in Punjab state and Chandigarh U.T., has served various societal needs with distinction. The glorious traditions of the University established during the period of more than 133 years of its long service to the nation since its inception are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. By virtue of its history, experience, achievements and philosophy, the Panjab University has a national character and it enjoys an international stature drawing both faculty and students from all over the country and different parts of the globe. Its faculty includes some of the most distinguished scientists and academicians. It continues to attract celebrated scholars at the campus. Over the years, the reputation of the Panjab University has grown to emerge as an institution at the pinnacle in innovative teaching, research and community outreach.
In Chandigarh, the newly built capital of Punjab, a beautiful red sandstone campus was designed for the Panjab University by Pierre Jeanneret under the general guidance of Le Corbusier. Panjab University moved here during 1958-1960. Till the re-organisation of Punjab in 1966, the University had its regional centres at Rohtak, Shimla and Jalandhar and its affiliated colleges were located in the States of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh and the Union Territory of Chandigarh. With the re-organization of Punjab, the University became an Inter-State Body Corporate catering to the newly organized States of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab and the Union Territory of Chandigarh. Gradually, the colleges of Himachal and Haryana were affiliated to the Universities in the respective states and the Panjab University was left with the affiliated colleges in the Union Territory of Chandigarh and some parts of Punjab. The Panjab University Campus at Chandigarh accommodates seventy three teaching and research departments/institutes/centres besides four independent Chairs for research. Furthermore, the university has 189 affiliated/constituent colleges spread over Punjab and Chandigarh besides Regional Centres at Muktsar, Ludhiana, Hoshiarpur and Kauni. In addition, there is the Vishveshavaranand Vishwa Bandhu Institute of Sanskrit and Indological Studies at Hoshiarpur.