M.Phil. & Ph.D. Entrance Test 2021
Panjab University, Chandigarh
The Panjab University, Chandigarh will hold an Entrance Test for enrolment to M.Phil. & Ph.D. in the Faculties of Arts, Business Management & Commerce, Design & Fine Arts, Education, Engineering, Languages, Law, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science.
General Category Rs. 2175/-
SC/ST/PwD Category Rs. 1088/-
|1.||Date of Availability of Prospectus and online Registration Form||26–07–2021 (Monday)|
|2.||Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Login & Password||24–08–2021 (Tuesday)|
|3.||Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State bank of India using website generated challan||27–08–2021(Friday)|
upto 3:59 p.m.
|4.||Last date for deposit of fee through Online mode||27–08–2021(Friday)|
|5.||Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information in the registration form on the website||30–08–2021 (Monday)|
|6.||Final date by which Roll No. Will be available online |
Roll No. And Centre of Examination will be generated and Roll No. Slip required to be downloaded from the website by the candidate using their own Login and Password ( provided while generating Bank Challan).
There will be no physical communication for this purpose.
|7.||Last date for candidates who have not completed their form but have paid requisite fee, can complete their form (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) by paying late fee of Rs. 500/-||09–09–2021 (Thursday)|
|8.||Date of Entrance Test||12–09–2021 (Sunday)|
|9.||Date of declaration of result||08-10-2021 to 13-10-2021|
(Friday to Wednesday)
The result will be posted on the
P.U. website and the same could
be downloaded. No separate
result cards will be issued to the candidates by the office.
- The Fee for M.Phil. & Ph.D. Entrance Test is Rs. 2175/- (Rs. 1088/- for SC/ST/PwD). The fee for the Entrance Test, once paid, shall not be
- Class B/C Regular Employee of PU must send the copy of printout of their Entrance Test Form along with Performa for claiming 50% concession to
P.U. Regular Employees (“B” and “C” Class) duly signed by Head/Chairperson to Assistant Registrar, CET Cell, Aruna Ranjit Chandra Hall, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014 by registered post/speed post or by hand on or before 03-09-2021 (Friday) upto 4:00 p.m.
- Only the candidates, who have passed or are appearing in the qualifying examination for a particular Course can apply for the Entrance
- The Syllabus for Phil. & Ph.D. Entrance Examination will be as prescribed for Master?s Degree or equivalent classes of Panjab University in the relevant subject.
5. Special arrangements for amanuensis (writer of Answer):
A candidate may be allowed help of an amanuensis (writer) if he/she is:
- Blind OR
- Permanently disabled from writing with his/her own
- Temporarily disabled from writing on account of fracture of the right or left arm, forearm or dislocation of a shoulder elbow or wrist etc. The candidate shall produce a certificate from a Professor of the speciality concerned of a Medical College and where there is no Medical College, from the Chief Medical Officer of the District concerned to the effect that the candidate is unable to write his/her Answer-books because of the temporary
- 20 minutes extra per hour would be given to the visually handicapped / PwD candidates for each
- Candidates securing equal marks shall be bracketed together. Their inter- se merit will be determined by the Institution in accordance with the following criteria:
- A candidate getting higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall rank higher in order of
- That if the marks in qualifying examination are also the same then the candidates obtaining more marks in the immediate lower examination, shall rank higher in order of
- That if two or more candidates secure equal marks in (i) & (ii) above, candidate senior in age shall rank higher in the order of
- The result of the Entrance Test will be available at http://results.puchd.ac.in. No separate Result Cards will be
9. Candidates can deposit their Admission Form for M.Phil. and Ph.D. only after the declaration of the result of the M.Phil. & Ph.D. Entrance Test-2021.